If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

After Midnight premiered next week

Discuss all things blink here
Diglett
Addicted

Addicted

Postby Diglett » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:29 am

So this song has kinda grown on me but I still don't think it's a masterpiece or anything. I just love the melody in the verse and bridge and the way Tom sings it. I don't see why the chorus is getting so much praise, I think it's incredibly bland and the guitars sound so off, the melody is just mediocre to say the least.

[ Post made via BD Mobile ] Image

dookie
Abducted

Abducted

Postby dookie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:13 am

the song will grow on you, i don't remember any blink song (old or new) that got me straightaway after the first time i heard the song. but the song grows over time, imo.

as for the recent tracks of the album, i really think the lost of jerry finn has a major effect on blink, these songs need more producing here and there, somehow the tracks just sound bland :S

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 am

supersanachan wrote:It's bullshit to say this song OR ANY blink song sounds like AVA or +44. It's AVA and +44 that sound like blink.

Welcome to BD! :)

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

guinnkevinr
n00b

n00b

Postby guinnkevinr » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 am

I've listened to the song almost 50 times in the last 24 hours and I fucking love it. Reminds me a lot of \"Always\" from S/T which is a good thing. I like the new direction for them. These dudes are in their mid to late 30s and are showing that they are maturing in their sound and style of writing. I first listened to this song on a steam which had horrible quality to the overall production of the song but actually listening to the MP3 that they sent out from the game, this is amazing quality and I love it.

So like I said this song has an Always feel to it
Up All night is a great song but sounded like the production wasn't that great. It might sound better when the album comes out now that they've mastered it to fit in with the album as a whole.
I feel like Hearts All Gone might have been a demo version and that's why the production was lacking on that one. It came out before the album was mastered and it was only a one day stream rather than a download so I think it was released to get an idea of what to expect at the show but in no way was it \"final\".

I think we will all be surprised when the album comes out and be happy to say it's a solid album.
Last edited by guinnkevinr on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diglett
Addicted

Addicted

Postby Diglett » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 am

guinnkevinr wrote:I've listened to the song almost 50 times in the last 24 hours and I fucking love it. Reminds me a lot of "Always" from S/T which is a good thing. I like the new direction for them. These dudes are in their mid to late 40s and are showing that they are maturing in their sound and style of writing. I first listened to this song on a steam which had horrible quality to the overall production of the song but actually listening to the MP3 that they sent out from the game, this is amazing quality and I love it.

Up All night is a great song but sounded like the production wasn't that great. It might sound better when the album comes out now that they've mastered it to fit in with the album as a whole.
I feel like Hearts All Gone might have been a demo version and that's why the production was lacking on that one. It came out before the album was mastered and it was only a one day stream rather than a download so I think it was released to get an idea of what to expect at the show but in no way was it "final".

I think we will all be surprised when the album comes out and be happy to say it's a solid album.

Good first post man. Welcome to the forum :)

guinnkevinr
n00b

n00b

Postby guinnkevinr » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 am

Diglett wrote:
guinnkevinr wrote:I've listened to the song almost 50 times in the last 24 hours and I fucking love it. Reminds me a lot of "Always" from S/T which is a good thing. I like the new direction for them. These dudes are in their mid to late 30s and are showing that they are maturing in their sound and style of writing. I first listened to this song on a steam which had horrible quality to the overall production of the song but actually listening to the MP3 that they sent out from the game, this is amazing quality and I love it.

I feel like Hearts All Gone might have been a demo version and that's why the production was lacking on that one. It came out before the album was mastered and it was only a one day stream rather than a download so I think it was released to get an idea of what to expect at the show but in no way was it "final".

Good first post man. Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you!

JD Riot!
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby JD Riot! » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 am

This is the best of the three songs. The drums sound really good. I liked Up All Night a lot when it first came out. I was sort of disappointed when Hearts All Gone was released cause to me it just sounds like nonsense. My favourite part of Hearts All Gone is when it's over. :-P Kidding. But After Midnight sounds so fucking rad. I like this new mature sound. I don't think anything will sound like old Blink but it's fine if the rest of the album sounds like After Midnight. =)

Motherfucker
n00b

n00b

Postby Motherfucker » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 am

the interlude is just awsome

luke69
Famous

Famous

Postby luke69 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 am

The more I listen to it the more I love it, I hope the rest of Neighborhoods is just as good

awesomedragon
n00b

n00b

Postby awesomedragon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:32 pm

This is easily their most boring song. The guitars sound like something a middle school kid wrote. The verse is great with the references to untitled album songs but the chorus is just crap. Mark forgot how to sing like he's in blink.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm

What?! The chorus is by far the best part

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

The Scarecrow
Abducted

Abducted

Postby The Scarecrow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 pm

It's really all mediocre at best. The song doesn't sound new despite it being new. Lyrics aren't mind blowing. The pre-chorus sounds familiar.. Even that stupid annoying ava-esque riff during the intro/verses... I hate Mark's voice in the chorus. Reverb happy? No catchy ness or any kind of beat. It's really just noise. I know there will be better songs on the album, Heart's All Gone for example..That one has some flaws too..But they really missed the ball on this one. Listening to their greatest hits right now and..This one will for sure be their 1st track on lamest hits. I just thought their songs would have sounded better with Mark listening to nonstop indie. Oh and BORING song does not mean it's a mature song. :ugeek:

Monday
Famous

Famous

Postby Monday » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:24 am

The Scarecrow wrote:It's really all mediocre at best. The song doesn't sound new despite it being new. Lyrics aren't mind blowing. The pre-chorus sounds familiar.. Even that stupid annoying ava-esque riff during the intro/verses... I hate Mark's voice in the chorus. Reverb happy? No catchy ness or any kind of beat. It's really just noise. I know there will be better songs on the album, Heart's All Gone for example..That one has some flaws too..But they really missed the ball on this one. Listening to their greatest hits right now and..This one will for sure be their 1st track on lamest hits. I just thought their songs would have sounded better with Mark listening to nonstop indie. Oh and BORING song does not mean it's a mature song. :ugeek:

Wordy post doesn't mean you know what your talking about either :geek: :smug:

Scarcella31
n00b

n00b

Postby Scarcella31 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 am

awesomedragon wrote:This is easily their most boring song. The guitars sound like something a middle school kid wrote. The verse is great with the references to untitled album songs but the chorus is just crap. Mark forgot how to sing like he's in blink.

Pretty sure Mark knows how to sing in blink, considering he's in blink.

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 am

The Scarecrow wrote:It's really all mediocre at best. The song doesn't sound new despite it being new. Lyrics aren't mind blowing. The pre-chorus sounds familiar.. Even that stupid annoying ava-esque riff during the intro/verses... I hate Mark's voice in the chorus. Reverb happy? No catchy ness or any kind of beat. It's really just noise. I know there will be better songs on the album, Heart's All Gone for example..That one has some flaws too..But they really missed the ball on this one. Listening to their greatest hits right now and..This one will for sure be their 1st track on lamest hits. I just thought their songs would have sounded better with Mark listening to nonstop indie. Oh and BORING song does not mean it's a mature song. :ugeek:

yay look who's back..

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Return to “blink-182”